Saturday, August 21, 2010

pezzettino





Pezzettino, by Leo Lionni is the story of Pezzettino, a tiny orange piece that feels that he has broken off from something larger and sets out to find that something larger.(pezzettino literally means 'tiny' piece' in italian.) He comes across many creatures and asks, "am I a piece of you?", only to find that no one will claim him. Pezzettino discovers that he is not a part of something else at all, but that he is made up of his own little pieces that make him simply himself.

When I thought about creating a blog, I knew I wanted it to be a collection of tiny pieces that are meaningful to me. Pieces of art, ideas, silliness, and most importantly, the wisdom of children that I get to witness everyday as an art teacher!



I am currently working on a lesson based on the Pezzettino story. stay tuned!


No comments: